Sunday, April 13, 2014

Our last visit at the orphanage

Because he's so cute and I can't help myself here are a few pics to enjoy of our newest little guy. 



Those were from our LAST visit in the orphanage this morning!!! The next time we walk through that door tonight we will walk out with Tavin forever!

Today we showed his nanny a photo book we had brought with pictures of our home, vacation, the boys, etc. She teared up and sniffled and made motion over her heart of her heart pumping, asked if we were taking him today, kissed Tavin and sighed and talked to him. It must be very bittersweet for them to say goodbye but they are obviously so happy for him to have a family. The nannies here are very kind to the kids...an answer to many prayers! Definitely not the norm at many orphanages here in Eastern Europe. She's on the left here:


Then I asked if I could take pictures of his crib. I had been hoping all along to get to see his crib but wasn't sure how they would feel about it. She took me in and plopped him in his crib adding a pillow and toys. 

He wasn't excited about it and immediately started shaking his head, I imagine he's had too much time in there. I hadn't meant for them to put him in but with the language barrier I was just glad they let me take pics in the groupa. And it was lunch time so I knew they would take him right back out to feed him. 




Then they wanted to show how he pulls up and stands in his crib. 




There are 7 cribs in his room with 6 other sweet little ones spending too much time in there. 

Then we said goodbye and walked out the gates for the last time by ourselves.

 
4 hours from now he will join us forever. We can't wait!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing these wonderful pictures. We're prayer warriors for another RR boy but we said many for Tavin the days following the posting of that adorable picture of him in the dinosaur sleeper. So glad he has a loving family! Congratulations and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you guys! Praying for his nannies. From foster care I know how hard it can be to let a child you love go even when you know they are going to a forever home with people that love them. I still miss my foster babies and know it will be hard to let my babies here go when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete